Math 321-2: Mathematics Content and Methods for the Elementary
School III, Fall 2010
Be alert for other information posted here in the future.
8/30: Tangram Assignment
- Due 9/8: Draw all of the pentominoes, and explain why there
can be no others. Also, solve THESE PROBLEMS on a mosaic
puzzle (similar to tangrams).
- Due 9/13:
- Due 9/20: Solve THESE
PROBLEMS, and THESE.
- Due 9/27: Solve THESE
PROBLEMS (not much this week; happy first test).
- Due 10/4: 1. Do the medians of a triangle always bisect the
angles? 2. Do the angle bisectors always bisect the opposite sides?
- Due 10/11: 1. Decide whether the triangle with vertices
(0,5), (5,0), and (7,6) is isoceles. 2. Give an algebraic formula
for reflecting a point about the horizontal line y=a.
- Due 10/18: Solve THESE
- Due 11/8: Solve THESE
- Due 11/15: Solve THESE
- Due 11/29:: Solve THESE
- Due 12/8:: Solve THESE
- Lesson Plans: On LiveText. First (graded) version due 4/20;
Final (graded more) version due 5/2.
- Writing Assignments: Here
are the general writing guidelines.
Send correspondence to
Department of Mathematics
Mail Code 4408
Southern Illinois University
1245 Lincoln Drive
Carbondale, Illinois 62901
Office: (618) 453-6598
Fax: (618) 453-5300
Home: (618) 985-3429
Wesley Calvert's Web Page