- This webpage provides some material to help teach statistical inference at
the level of Casella and Berger (2002) or Olive (2014).
- Errata for Olive, D.J. (2014), Statistical Theory and Inference.
- Jan. 2008: Online course notes: Olive, D.J. (2008), A Course in Statistical Theory.
- Olive, D.J. (2008), Using Exponential Families in an Inference Course.
- The Invariance Property for the MLE is Usually Presented Incorrectly.
- Olive, D.J. (2004), Does the MLE Maximize the Likelihood?
- Here is a simple MLE limit theorem for exponential families.
- Olive, D.J. (2007), A Simple Limit Theorem for Exponential Families.
- Abuhassan, H. and Olive, D.J. (2008), Inference for the Pareto, Half Normal and
- Olive, D.J. (2012), Association for the Chi-square Test.
- The following files are handouts for Math 580 at SIU.
- This is the 2017 review for the SIU Math 580 1st midterm.
- This is the 2017 review for the SIU Math 580 2nd midterm.
- This is the 2017 review for MY SIU Math 580 3rd midterm, final and
for some of the qual problems.
- Here are some solutions to some SIU Math 580 qualifying exam problems. Some appear in my book.